Summer in South Africa is all about sea, sun and…… braaing. To those of you not familiar with our local lingo, we are referring to the art of barbequeing.
My younger brother Tiaan is the ultimate braai master and on our recent vacation whipped up the most amazing dishes over the fire.
I will be posting the following recipes:
- Braaied Kudu fillet (a recipe passed on by my late grandfather Chris Barnard)
- The very best lamb potjie kos (a stew cooked over the fire in a cast iron pot)
- Calamari tubes stuffed with chorizo sausage and feta
- Mushrooms with chorizo and parmesan
- Creme Freche cucumber salad (not braid but a lovely side dish)
- Mini magical cheesecakes (obviously NOT made on braai)
Let us know what you think!
Thanks Tiaan for sharing all your recipes with us.