Winter is fast approaching and this nourishing egg dish is quick, easy, affordable and warm!
Thanks to my friend Helen Gibbs from Helen Melon for providing this recipe.
Time: 40 minutes
Dash of olive oil
1 red onion finely sliced
1 garlic clove chopped
2 tins chopped tomatoes
pinch of salt
pinch of ground pepper
4 – 6 eggs
grated mature cheddar cheese
– heat oil and add all the tomato sauce ingredients
– bring to a fast boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring regularly until thickened
– preheat grill of oven
– place tomato sauce into baking dish
– pour in the tomato sauce
– crack eggs into tomato sauce
– sprinkle with cheese
– bake for +/- 10 minutes to until the cheese is bubbling and the eggs have set
Serve on a bed of fresh wild rocket, sprinkle slice fresh basil or even some crushed grilled bacon. Can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Estimated Nutritional Value for entire recipe:
Enjoy and don’t forget to share your pics with me on Twitter @HELPdietSA and on my Facebook Page or on Instagram using the hashtag: #SugarFree.
Please also let me know if you have any great recipes to share.
“The Sugar Free Revolution was started to expose the addictive and toxic properties of refined and processed sugar and carbohydrates in our diets, and help people just like you to break their addiction, lose weight, and feel incredible again!”
– Karen Thomson, Founder of The Sugar Free Revolution