Mini chicken fillets (around 3 per person or 1 medium chicken breast per person)
2tbsp coconut flour
1tbsp desiccated coconut
For the Salsa: Generally serves 2tbsp per person (THIS IS OPTIONAL AND SHOULD BE EXCLUDED IF YOU ARE ON A STRICT LCHF/BANTING DIET)
Half a mango
½ a red chilli (can have a whole one of you prefer your food spicy)
1 lime (juice)
1 clove of garlic
- Prep all of your chicken fillets (or breasts) and set aside. Whisk up the egg in one bowl and in another mix together the coconut flour and desiccated coconut together.
- Take each fillet and first coat it in the egg mixture and straight away, transfer it to the coconut flour completely coating the chicken.
- Then place the coconut covered chicken on a foil baking tray. Continue this process until all of your fillets have been thoroughly coated. Place the chicken under a pre heated grill at 180°C and cook for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking you can then make the salsa dressing. Cut a mango in half (only use half for this recipe which will serve around four people), remove the stone and finely dice the mango.
- Next dice both the garlic and chilli and add stir into the mango. Finally take the juice of one lime and mix together with the mango mixture.
- Place the mango salsa into the fridge until you are ready to serve. Serve the chicken and salsa with your most favourite veggies and if you are following a slightly higher low carbohydrate diet, this goes really well with sweet potato fries.