This recipe happened completely by mistake. I had found a tub of mascarpone in my fridge (which was nearing its expiration date) and decided to investigate some Sugar Free desserts.
I found a recipe for ‘Egg fast Caramel Macchiato cheesecakes’ at ibreatheiamhungry.com and decided to modify it to my more ‘neutral’, Sugar Free taste buds.
My version is NOT sweet, my brother specifically commented on this but I LOVED them and even had some for breakfast!
Also please note that I do not eat these everyday or even every week. This probably happens every couple of months. I aim to eat real food and have dessert occasionally.
- 250g of full fat cream cheese which needs to be softened
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tbsp of cream
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 250g Mascarpone cheese, softened
Top with: blueberries, chopped almonds and pecan nuts and lemon zest.
- Combine all of the cheesecake ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Grease a cupcake pan (I used a mini cupcake pan).
- Pour mixture in cupcake pan and bake at 180 degrees (C) for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Soften butter and Mascarpone. Mix together and spread on mini cheesecakes. Top with nuts of your choice and LEMON ZEST (this makes a big difference).
Enjoy and let me know your thoughts,
“The Sugar Free Revolution was started to expose the addictive and toxic properties of refined and processed sugar and carbohydrates in our diets, and help people just like you to break their addiction, lose weight, and feel incredible again!”
– Karen Thomson, Founder of The Sugar Free Revolution