Winter is fast approaching and this nourishing egg dish is quick, easy, affordable and warm!
Thanks to my friend Helen Gibbs from Helen Melon for providing this recipe.
- Dash of olive oil -
- Red onion finely sliced - 1
- Garlic clove chopped - 1
- Chopped tomatoes - 2 tins
- Pinch of salt -
- Pinch of ground pepper -
- Eggs - 4 – 6
- Grated mature cheddar cheese -
- Heat oil and add all the tomato sauce ingredients
- Bring to a fast boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring regularly until thickened
- Preheat grill of oven
- Place tomato sauce into baking dish
- Pour in the tomato sauce
- Crack eggs into tomato sauce
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake for +/- 10 minutes to until the cheese is bubbling and the eggs have set
Serve on a bed of fresh wild rocket, sprinkle slice fresh basil or even some crushed grilled bacon. Can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.