Another delicious recipe from Dalene:
Crisp pan-fried green beans. Crunchy macadamia nuts. Lots of Parmesan cheese. A little chilli to fire things up. This is such a simple dish, but the end result is superb. It is all about experiencing the true taste of every ingredient used. Together these ingredients make magic.
- Macadamia oil or olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- bButter - 1 tablespoon
- Raw macadamia nuts, some halved and some left whole - ¼ cup (30 g)
- Thinly sliced red chilli, or add to taste - ¼ teaspoon
- Whole green beans, topped - 150 g
- Salt to taste -
- White pepper to taste -
- Grated Parmesan cheese - 2 – 3 tablespoons
- Extra macadamia oil or olive oil for serving -
1. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the macadamias to the pan and fry until golden flecks appear. Add the chilli just a few seconds before the macadamias are ready. Remove the nuts and chilli from the pan, retaining the butter and oil in the pan.
2. Add the green beans to the pan and quickly stir-fry. They should still be crisp. Season with salt and white pepper. Transfer to a serving dish, together with the oil and butter in the pan.
3. Spoon the macadamias and chilli over the beans. Liberally sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately with extra oil on the side.
• Sprinkle chopped, fried bacon over the beans, together with the macadamias, chilli and Parmesan.