This recipe happened completely by mistake. I had found a tub of mascarpone in my fridge (which was nearing its expiration date) and decided to investigate some Sugar Free desserts.
I found a recipe for ‘Egg fast Caramel Macchiato cheesecakes’ at ibreatheiamhungry.com and decided to modify it to my more ‘neutral’, Sugar Free taste buds.
My version is NOT sweet, my brother specifically commented on this but I LOVED them and even had some for breakfast!
Also please note that I do not eat these everyday or even every week. This probably happens every couple of months. I aim to eat real food and have dessert occasionally.
- Full fat cream cheese which needs to be softened - 250g
- unsalted butter - 2 Tbsp
- Eggs - 3
- Cream - 4 Tbsp
- Unsalted butter - 3 Tbsp
- Mascarpone cheese, softened - 250g
- Top with: blueberries, chopped almonds and pecan nuts and lemon zest. -
- Combine all of the cheesecake ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Grease a cupcake pan (I used a mini cupcake pan).
- Pour mixture in cupcake pan and bake at 180 degrees (C) for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
For the ‘icing’:
- Soften butter and Mascarpone. Mix together and spread on mini cheesecakes. Top with nuts of your choice and LEMON ZEST (this makes a big difference).