Even the most expensive brands of mayonnaise tend to contain unhealthy vegetable oils and additives, possibly including sugars.
And don’t even think about a reduced-calorie or ‘lite’ version.
Instead, make a batch of your own.
- Olive oil - 165 ml (5,6 oz)
- Melted coconut oil - 165 ml (5,6 oz)
- Egg yolks at room temperature - 4
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp - Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste -
- Just whisk up room- temperature egg yolks with apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Slowly drip in olive oil and melted coconut oil, allowing each drop to emulsify as you whisk.
- Store in a glass container in fridge for up to a week.