This amazing recipe for Seed Crackers is from my book Sugar Free: 8 weeks to Freedom from Sugar & Carb Addiction.
The recipe makes a big batch of crackers which can be stored in airtight containers and enjoyed with cheese, butter, sardines, avo or just use your imagination. The possibilities are endless!
- Psyllium husks - 2 Tbsp
- Chia seeds - 2 Tbsp
- Water - 500ml
- Seeds of your choice (for instance, sunflower, sesame, linseeds) - 600g
- Ground crystals or flaked salt - 2 tsp
- Melted coconut oil - 3 Tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Mix the psyllium husks, chia seeds and water. Set aside for 5 minutes until it forms a gel-like consistency.
- Add all the seeds, salt and oil to the mixture and combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Line 2 medium-sized rectangular baking trays with silicone sheets or baking paper. Spread the mixture thinly over the trays.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until the crackers are crispy.
- Remove from the oven, peel off the baking paper and cool. Store in an airtight container. Eat as a snack or serve with toppings such as cream cheese, crispy bacon and tomato, herb pesto or avocado guacamole.