I love nuts! They are packed with heart-healthy fats, protein, and disease-fighting vitamins and minerals.
Tired of plain nuts? I’ve created this recipe to add some spice to this super snack.
- Almonds - ⅔ cup
- Pecans - ⅔ cup
- Walnuts - ⅔ cup
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin - ½ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper - ½ teaspoon
- Himalayan pink salt - ½ teaspoon
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Place nuts in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Toast until lightly browned
- While nuts are toasting, prepare spice mixture
- Combine chili, cumin, black pepper and salt in a small bowl
- Coat nuts with olive oil, then coat with spice mixture