This recipe is from my book Sugar Free and originally posted here.
The raw chocloate ball pops are sugar free and great for kids.
If you haven’t yet gotten your hands on a copy of the updated version of Sugar Free: 8 weeks to freedom from Sugar and Carb Addiction now available in South Africa you can do so here by scrolling to the bottom of the Webinar sales page to find links to book sales in USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
Chocolate Ball Pops
- Sunflower seeds - 70g
- Nuts (almonds, Brazil nuts, macadamias) - 120g
- Chia seeds or flax seeds (linseeds) - 2 tbsp
- Almond butter - 60g
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut, plus additional for rolling - 25g
- Uncooked cacao powder - 2.5 tbsp
- Floor cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Sea Salt - pinch
- Blitz seeds and nuts in a blender. Switch to a bowl and add almond butter, coconut, cacao powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix properly.
- Add a drizzle of water if the combination is just too stiff. Roll into eight walnut-sized balls, then roll them within the additional coconut and chia seeds. Use slender straws to make ‘pops’.