Originally posted in Daily Mail UK: Cut carbs, quit sugar, feel fabulous: It’s a food revolution that’ll make you slimmer and happier – and it’s blissfully simple .
Tomato and Prawn ‘Pasta’
- Courgettes - 100g
- Onion, diced - ½
- Clove garlic, crushed - 1
- Coconut oil or butter -
- Mushrooms - 80g
- Red pepper - ½
- Chopped tomatoes - 100g
- Tomato puree - 1 tsp
- Capers - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - ½ tsp
- Garlic salt - ½ tsp
- Prawns - 75-100g
Alternative: This dish uses courgette instead of spaghetti before topping it with mushrooms, pepper and prawns
- Thinly slice the courgette into ribbons. Fry the onion and garlic in a pan with a little coconut oil or butter.
- Next, finely chop the mushrooms and red pepper, add to the pan and fry until the mushrooms are soft. Add the tomatoes along with the tomato puree, capers, mustard and garlic salt.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and, with a blender or food processor, blitz until smooth and thick.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and lightly blanch the courgette ribbons for 2-3 minutes while you return the sauce to heat to warm through.
- Drain the courgette ribbons, pour sauce over them and top with the prawns.