This amazing recipe for Seed Crackers is from my book Sugar Free: 8 weeks to Freedom from Sugar & Carb Addiction.
The recipe makes a big batch of crackers which can be stored in airtight containers and enjoyed with cheese, butter, sardines, avo or just use your imagination. The possibilities are endless!
portion allocation (±):
total (32 servings): 60 fat ◆ single serving (1 cracker): 2 fat
note: Seeds are quite high in carbohydrates so don’t eat too many crackers at once.
Make sure you count the extra protein, fat or veg portions for any toppings used.
Makes 32 crackers (16 crackers per tray)
2 Tbsp psyllium husks
2 Tbsp chia seeds
600g seeds of your choice (for instance, sunflower, sesame, linseeds)
2 tsp ground crystals or flaked salt
3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Mix the psyllium husks, chia seeds and water. Set aside for 5 minutes until it forms a gel-like consistency.
- Add all the seeds, salt and oil to the mixture and combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Line 2 medium-sized rectangular baking trays with silicone sheets or baking paper. Spread the mixture thinly over the trays.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until the crackers are crispy.
- Remove from the oven, peel off the baking paper and cool. Store in an airtight container. Eat as a snack or serve with toppings such as cream cheese, crispy bacon and tomato, herb pesto or avocado guacamole.
Don’t forget to post your pics to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
“The Sugar Free Revolution was started to expose the addictive and toxic properties of refined and processed sugar and carbohydrates in our diets, and help people just like you to break their addiction, lose weight, and feel incredible again!”
– Karen Thomson, Founder of The Sugar Free Revolution