Granadillas are in season (and so easy to grow in your garden or in a pot!).
This is a deliciously light and fluffy dessert which can be served straight from the oven or chilled. Perfect as a winter warmer or on a hot summers evening.
- 2 granadillas
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 3 teaspoons of Stevia (optional, I didn’t use any as I don’t like the taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Halve the granadillas and scoop out flesh from three of the halves and push through sieve with back of spoon to seperate juice from seeds.
- Crack the eggs in into a mixing bowl and add granadilla juice, cocnut milk, vanilla pod seeds and whisk until light and airy.
- Pour the mixture into four ramekins, place them in a roasting pan and pour water to reach halfway up the dishes.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Scoop the remaining grandilla on top of the puddings and either serve hot or chill in fridge.