This is most definitely my favourite granola/muesli recipe ever!
My lovely publisher has given me permission to share it. This is one of the great recipes that can be found in my book Sugar Free: 8 weeks to Freedom from Sugar & Carb Addiction which can be found as a hardcopy here or available on Amazon.
portion allocation (±):
total (13 servings): 40 fat ◆ single (3 tbsp) serving: 3 fat
200g coconut flakes
30g macadamia nuts
120g seeds such as sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseeds and sesame seeds
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place the mixture in a large roasting dish or ovenproof baking tray (or 2 medium-sized ones) to ensure the ingredients roast evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, shaking the tray every 5 minutes to ensure the granola doesn’t burn.
- Cool and store in an airtight container. Serve with full-cream Greek yoghurt.
Tip: This is really good as it is, but you could make chocolate granola by adding ½ cup raw cacao nibs and ½ cup raw cacao to the mixture once it’s cooled.
“The Sugar Free Revolution was started to expose the addictive and toxic properties of refined and processed sugar and carbohydrates in our diets, and help people just like you to break their addiction, lose weight, and feel incredible again!”
– Karen Thomson, Founder of The Sugar Free Revolution