I love the Sugar Free Revolution Manifesto and wanted to share the 10 guiding principles with you.
A manifesto can be defined as a declaration of one’s beliefs, opinions, motives, and intentions. Simply put it’s a document that an organization or person writes that declares what is important to them.
I based these on Bryan Teare from Big Healthy Me‘s manifesto and absolutely love them.
As best as possible I try and base my daily behaviour, thoughts and interactions on them. I am far from perfect but find these principles both inspiring and empowering.
Our Sugar Free Revolution Manifesto
10 GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Quit all sugar one day at a time. One day at a time with the support of the Sugar Free Revolution community you can do this! Encourage, inspire and support each other on social media or find a partner or buddy to do it with.
- We dream BIG. We have a vision for ourselves and how we want our lives to be. We treat life as an adventure and don’t settle for mediocrity. We do what we love and banish any potential “what if” thoughts one day.
- We give our bodies the foods they deserve. We understand that “food is thy medicine” and the fuel our bodies need to perform daily activities. We think about what we put into our bodies and understand that you can’t out-gym a bad diet.
- We move our bodies.We perform some form of movement each day and love our bodies as the unique gifts they are. We believe in training smarter, not harder, and know that there is more to life than numbers on a scale, weight lifted or reps performed.
- We see health as a lifestyle, not a quick fix.We are in this for the long haul and embrace the journey of a healthy body, mind and spirit rather than treating it as a destination. Similarly, we know that health is more just than abs and toned muscles.
- We believe our thoughts create our reality.Our internal world shapes our external world. We realize that negative thoughts are just as easily replaceable with positive thoughts and strive to always see the positive in any situation.
- We surround ourselves with the right people.The people we spend the most time with play a huge role in our success. Further, we treat new people as friends we haven’t met yet rather than strangers. You never know who’s in the audience.
- We express gratitude. Every day. No how big or small, we take time each day to be thankful for the things and people in our lives.
- We value experience over stuff. We know that happiness does not lie within material possessions, but rather in experiences which make us happy.
- We know there is no such thing as failure.There is only learning. In the same way, the only “bad” decision is not making a decision in the first place. It is better to act, observe and adjust than to be paralyzed into indecision.
Powerful stuff! You can use ours or create your own.
Only YOU have the power to change your life.
It’s definitely time to start your own health revolution.You can download a PDF version here.
All my love,
“The Sugar Free Revolution was started to expose the addictive and toxic properties of refined and processed sugar and carbohydrates in our diets, and help people just like you to break their addiction, lose weight, and feel incredible again!”
– Karen Thomson, Founder of The Sugar Free Revolution