Are you ready for The Big Fat Fix?
Want to know what Prof Tim Noakes thought?
I’ve had the privilege of seeing it myself and it is brilliant!
So what’s it all about?
Financed by a successful crowdfunding campaign they chose this route to protect the integrity of their “lifestyle as medicine” message and to lay the foundations for a global movement to influence and mobilise change through political, medical and thought leaders.
This movement begins with a private Parliamentary Screening to Members of the British Parliament in Westminster, London tomorrow.
The key points made in the movie are –
- There is no Mediterranean Diet – the Greek word “diaita” actually means “lifestyle”. This misinterpretation at the outset was a critical error. The true Med Diet has effectively been lost in translation.
- The movie takes them to Pioppi – the UNESCO protected home of the Med Diet in southern Italy – and “beyond food” to define and explore the components of this traditional lifestyle and their potential benefits.
- Key findings include the importance of habitual movement & the most effective exercise protocols; Vitamin D; sleep; quality olive oil, fatty acids and the quality of the local produce enjoyed; the absence of sugar in the traditional diet; the re-engineering of wheat since the research took place; social connections; stress.
- Heart disease – what is it and how does it happen? Aseem redefines the disease process and tells us we can be significantly more “heart healthy” in just 21 days.
- How do we incorporate these elements into a modern lifestyle? Aseem prescribes the lifestyle “pills” we should all be taking daily.
Click on the button below to sign up and be the first to view this brilliant documentary!
“The Sugar Free Revolution was started to expose the addictive and toxic properties of refined and processed sugar and carbohydrates in our diets, and help people just like you to break their addiction, lose weight, and feel incredible again!”
– Karen Thomson, Founder of The Sugar Free Revolution