There will be times when even the most vigilant succumb to sugar’s sweet temptation. It might be the tiny slice of birthday cake brought into work, or the tempting biscuits placed in front of you after you rushed out of the house without breakfast. If you’ve been battling sugar addiction for years and are hyper-sensitive to the white stuff, any brief taste can be enough to see you spiralling into a full binge. If this happens, don’t worry — and don’t give up.
Here are my top tips to get back on track:
- Cut out all sugar or sweetness for the next day or two.
- Cook a wholesome, nourishing meal containing fat, protein and greens.
- But avoid dense vegetables for a few days to allow your blood sugar levels and insulin responses to settle.
- Drink lots of water and herbal teas.
- Remember, sharing your relapse story with a friend might help as ‘Shame dies on exposure’.
I’d love to know what you do to get back on track.
What is the greatest challenge you face when you’ve had a slip? Do thoughts such as: ‘well I’ve messed up now so I might as well just keep going’ slip into your mind?
I’d love to hear from you!
- This article was written for and published in the Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3679763/Meat-free-feasts-packed-vitamins-beware-sugar-fruit.html#ixzz4dPZqFJFO
“The Sugar Free Revolution was started to expose the addictive and toxic properties of refined and processed sugar and carbohydrates in our diets, and help people just like you to break their addiction, lose weight, and feel incredible again!”
– Karen Thomson, Founder of The Sugar Free Revolution