- Obese and overweight persons develop severe health conditions, including diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac problems, and many more.
- If you are suddenly gaining weight, there could be different causes of rapid weight gain, and you need to consult a physician for a proper diagnosis.
- Long-term weight loss plans can help obese or overweight individuals to shed the burden of extra pounds safely and effectively.
- Top-rated weight loss supplements may also help in body fat reduction.
- Consider including yoga in your weight loss plans.
- From power yoga to restorative yoga – yoga has multiple benefits that go beyond mere weight loss.
- People of all ages can practice yoga under the guidance of a skilled and certified yoga teacher.
- Individuals with health conditions should consult a doctor before starting any fitness programs.
Introduction To Yoga – What You Need to Know
Yoga is an ancient practice that attempts to unify the mind, body, and spirit through a series of ‘asanas’ or yoga postures. Originated in India, yoga is a derivative of the Sanskrit word ‘Yuji,’ which means union.
Later, it moved to the western world and had its share of attention for its multiple physical and mental benefits. Studies show that yoga can be an excellent weight-loss tool in some weight loss plans.
What Are the Benefits of Yoga?
- Practicing yoga can enhance the body’s physical strength and boost energy and vitality.
- Yoga involves stretching and exercising that can turn a stiff body into a flexible one. It can correct bad postures. It also increases mobility and reduces joint stiffness.
- Yoga poses require a variety of breathing exercises that improve respiratory health and prevent stress on the lungs.
- It aids in weight loss by improving the body’s function. Yoga energizes your body, increases metabolism, stimulates inner organs, and optimizes their efficiency.
- Yoga can improve steadinessand balance in the body.
Popular Yoga Styles
Over time, yoga has evolved a lot, gaining many branches. The most popular and practiced types are Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa or Power Yoga, Iyenger and Bikram Yoga, Yin or Restorative Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, and Kundalini Yoga.
If you feel overwhelmed with so many choices, talking to a yoga instructor will help you decide which branch of yoga would be the best for you. In general, yoga enthusiasts opt for Vinyasa Yoga or Flow Yoga, an offshoot of Ashtanga yoga, and Power Yoga, a form of Vinyasa Yoga.
Bikram Yoga, a series of 26-yoga poses developed by Bikram Choudhury, has become a favorite among celebrities in the US. Here’s a study on Bikram Yoga training that indicates its efficiency in improving glucose and cholesterol management. Whichever style you choose, you will find some poses common and overlapping.
Power Yoga for Weight Loss: Is It the Best for You?
If you notice sudden weight gain and unsure about the causes of rapid weight gain, you should consult a doctor. Factors that may cause sudden weight gain are lack of sleep, mental stress, sedentary lifestyle, sodium imbalance, dysfunctional thyroid, PCOS, unhealthy diet, smoking, depression, certain medications, etc.
Yoga, any variants of it, can be an effective tool in your weight loss plans. If you like intense workouts, fast-paced movements, Power Yoga would be a good option for you. Power Yoga is a contemporary yoga technique that is composed of different fast-paced yoga poses. It is designed to increase endurance, stamina, and strength.
If you prefer the traditional type of yoga for weight loss, we are happy to share nine asanas or poses that will help you feel relaxed, fresh, and focused and help you achieve a sound and shapely body. This study confirms that yoga may offer a range of psychological, physical, and social effects that may make it an appropriate tool for healthy, sustained weight loss.
Other Yoga Asanas for Fighting Obesity
- Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar: Sun Salutation means honoring the Sun god. Perfect for beginners, it is best done on an empty stomach in the early morning. Depending on your body’s flexibility, you can do it at a fast, moderate, or slow pace. Sun Salutation is a sequence of different warm-ups and yoga poses. It is one of the essential Vinyasa poses. An excellent weight loss exercise, Sun Salutation has other benefits as well. It improves cardiovascular health, tones muscles, stimulates the internal organs, and relaxes the mind. One set of Surya Namaskar helps you burn over 13 calories. Thirty minutes of Sun Salutation helps you burn over 400 calories. There’s no restriction on the number of rounds you can perform. Here’s a clinical trial and study with detailed poses of Sun Salutation you may find worth checking.
- Warrior Pose or Virabhadrasana: This standing pose stimulates abdominal organs, tones the abdominal muscles, and improves digestive functions. Practicing 3-4 cycles of warrior pose regularly can tone your whole body and aids in weight loss.
- Chair Pose or Utkatasana: Utkatasana is an intense, standing squat yoga pose and is appropriate for beginners. Utkatasana is found in both Vinyasa and Bikram Yoga. The pose tones and strengthens the lower part of the body, including the thigh, hip, buttock, and knee muscles.
The pose also helps reduce fat from the arm and thigh areas. One study shows the benefits of yoga poses in strengthening muscles, and Utkatasana is one of them.
- Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana: Bhujangasana or the cobra pose is a prone position asana. Cobra pose is found in Bikram Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga. Safe for beginners, the cobra pose improves liver function, diminishes fat from the stomach region, tones back muscles, and alleviates lower back pain. It also improves blood circulation to the spine.
- Bridge Pose or Setu Bandhasana: The Bridge pose involves your spines and hip joints. It tones the thigh area and effectively reduces belly fat. The Bridge pose is excellent for developing a strong core. The Bridge pose helps to strengthen the back muscles.
- Bow Pose or Dhanurasana: If you struggle with excess weight, practicing the Bow pose will help you reduce fat from your belly and abdomen. The Bow pose also tones the arms and legs.
- Boat Pose or Naukasana: The Boat pose is a great way to strengthen the abdominal and hip muscles. If you want sculpted abs, toned arms, and legs, the Boat pose can help. It also improves the functions of the kidney, thyroid, and prostate glands. The Boat pose helps you deal better with lethargy.
- Plank Pose or Santolanasana: The plank pose is a sitting position, balancing pose asana that effectively reduces belly fat, tones core muscles, and strengthens shoulders, arms, and thighs. This pose also boosts the flow of energy through the entire body.
Now you know how these nine excellent yoga poses can help you reduce fat from different parts of your body and help you get back in shape while improving your overall health. For faster fat burning, you can create weight loss plans using a combination of yoga, a healthy diet, and dietary supplements.
Top-rated weight loss supplements and nutraceuticals can aid weight loss. However, consulting your physician is suggested before you start taking any OTC products for fat removal.
Modere Trim, a collagen-based liquid dietary supplement, may help you lose weight. Modern Trim reviews indicate that the product may boost metabolism, prevent fat storage in cells, and help tone muscles. The product may also boost joint health and improve your skin appearance.
The weight loss industry is booming with fat-burning products. People are rushing to buy OTC top-rated weight loss supplements for fast fat reduction. However, health experts are not happy with this trend. They recommend lifestyle modifications with an emphasis on physical activities for safe, lasting weight correction. Yoga helps with gradual weight loss, and it also stimulates different parts of the body and vital inner organs. As a less expensive, more fruitful mind-body changing holistic wellness practice, yoga has no alternative.